Monday, January 10, 2011

Obedience to exactness

December 20, 2010
 
Hey Fam!
 
Ya I got the news about Taylors mission call, that is sooooooo freaking sweet, Argentina Sustencia is what I think I heard! The video was a little choppy, but its all good. Man he is gonna love South America, I don't even think it is that hot in Argentina so he will like that. Its hotter than heck right now, we get rain and then the sun comes out and just makes like a steam pot out of this little town of naranjita. Soooo sick that Taylor got his calll, AHhh it makes me sooo happy and excited for him, Argentina is going to be so awesome. Um ya pday is usually on Monday in the mission from what I know so good thing you wrote! I have been adjusting a lot, but it has been soooo awesome, I love the field mom, honestly 100x better than Peru CCM. like almost a night and day difference. Anyway, the Spanish is coming slowly but surely, I comprehend more and more everyday, speaking is slower but I am getting the hang of teaching. We have two baptisms on Christmas which is awesome. Its the parents in the Loor Family, honestly their family reminds me of ours when we were investigating the church, crazy awesome though. they have 3 kids, two girls one boy and the girl has already been baptized, but the parents weren't because they had to be married first, But that is happening this Thursday in another town, so we get to go to that as well! Oh we just got two more baptisms the other day. it is An elderly couple, the Ibarras, and we taught them the first lesson, came back and they wanted to be baptized. I was beyond excited when I heard that! Gosh its awesome finding people that just want it right away. Our apartment is normal size I think. it has two bedrooms and a kitchen and a bathroom. prior to popular belief we do not have to wash our clothes in a bucket, and we have running water 24/7. I have heard a lot of rumors that have not come true so far, I don't know where people get some of this stuff. Ya we have a phone in our apartment so we will be able to call from there, idk where to buy a calling card, but I will try to figure it out today... oh and I wanna send you guys some stuff but I heard it is like 10 bucks for a pound, so idk you tell me, it will be a late Christmas gift or something. Anyway, your prayers are helping me because I am absolutely loving every part of Ecuador, oh and it is just me and my companion covering the whole city of naranjita so ya it is just the two of us in our Apt. I never thought people would, but they have been having problems saying my name, it comes out like this "ehhstern" but its all good, I probably don't pronounce anything correctly in Spanish lol. the town is pretty normal, well for South America, tons of businesses and most of them sell the same thing, kinda like china town in San Fransisco. I had a weird/cool experience this last week, we went to a members home to eat lunch and he had just killed on of his pigs. So he was showing us the guts and cuts and it interesting. Then he also owns chickens and they were slaughtering two hundred that day, another member works for him and he is an awesome guy, kinda like a brother wagner latino version. Anyway he was killing and boiling the chickens and my companion thought it would be a good experience for me to see how it is done, so Brother Milanda brings one of the chickens to me and asked if I wanted to kill it. I said sure and so he gave me the knife and told me to stick it through its neck. So I did so, kinda felt weird but whatever. And then I pulled out the knife which was promptly followed by a stream of blood that was then splattered all over my shirt. He started laughing and so did my companion. Luckily I had some "tide to go" so it was all good for the rest of the day, and all this happened before we ate lunch, appetizing huh? haha ya I know. So more of my daily schedule is that we study until 11 in the morning and then go out and teach the rest of the day, we very rarely dont have another appt to go to which is nice. The members are always very giving, and we never leave a home without eating or drinking something. the food we eat is soooooooo much better than the food in Peru, omg like seriously love it! eat lots of rice, but I am used to it by now, I have only had one meal I didnt like and that was after the chicken blood experience, I think we ate some weird part of a pig, I am not really sure. I am excited about the CDs you are making, I want some soundtracks to movies, like tarzan and prince of Persia, maybe bravehart idk but soundtracks are awesome as long as they are either disney or instrumental.. Obedience with exactness! We only have to walk about a couple minutes to get to the chapel, its literally right around the corner from our apt. I do get homesick on pdays but that is completely normal. Gosh I just love this work, I love you guys sooo much!
Alright well I gotta write the president, but talk to you on saturday!
love
   Elder Cody Storm

No comments: