Sunday, January 30, 2011

My First Baptism


Monday January 17th, 2011

HEY family!

So this week has been really awesome. Me and my companion are doing absolutely great! This week we had two baptisms! Steven is 17 years old and because of some complications with the boundaries we ended up getting him in our ward. He is soo excited about the gospel. We went over there yesterday with some of the ward missionaries because he doesnt know anyone in the ward, that made him even more excited. He is going to institute, and we are teaching him the after baptism lessons! We also baptized a man named Alfredo Seminario. He is about 60 years old give or take and he is also very excited about the gospel. The coolest part was I got to baptize him! This was my first one on the mission. He was a double dunker, kinda confused why he had to be re-baptized but it all worked out in the end. I got some pictures of it to I will see if I can send them. Also, we got a referral from the ward mission leader, and it is a family of 8 and almost all of them seem interested about the gospel, so that will be really sweet if they all get baptized. One of our investigators, Kevin Molina is 14 years old and he is taking english as a second language in school. He has a final exam this week so yesterday I went over there to help him with english, it was kinda nice being able to teach someone english rather than have them teach me spanish lol. okay so I kinda made a deal with the ward mission leader and his brother. They are twins their names are Enrique and Julio. They really like my backpack so I said that if they get us 15 baptisms they can have my backpack. They are both really excited about this and we have gotten about 20 referrals from them. Apparently this backpack is really nice down here. So it will probably get robbed anyway so I figure what the heck! Today for p-day we are going to a place called malecon. I dont really know what it is but apparently it is really cool! We are going with the zone leaders elder tucamo y elder reese. oh and another cool thing, some kind of fungus is growing under my eye. Apparently elder keables had the same thing, but I have this cream that I put on it, hopefully that will help. Elder Keables said it is caused from always sweating, I have it on my waistline, face neck and back. But it feels a lot like poison oak so I am wayyy used to that after last summer so I should be good! crazy that I have already been out in the field for a month huh? it seems like I have been doing this forever, but not long at all. Kinda a weird feeling but I am sure that anybody that has served a
mission knows what I am talking about. last monday we went out teaching and it started pouring down rain, by the time it started pouring we were about 20 minutes from our house. So needless to say we got sooooakking wet. I took some pictures of that as well. I dont think  can send them this week, but I will send some pics next week. Hey mom if you could, send some beef jerkey, a small red book of mormon in english, some more pez candy and acne stuff. The red book of
mormon is for a member that wants to learn english. If you cant dont worry about it just saying. So what is new in your lives? i want a picture of this canoe of dads, and also just the family! Alright well I love you guys, hope all is well and that you are all choosin the right! alright peace out, love you

Love

Elder Storm

No comments: