Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tips on how not to get robbed...





Monday, January 24, 2011
This week was really good. Got some interesting and good stuff to tell you. We had another baptism and confirmation. His name is Alex, he is 21 years old and you can definitely tell he is excited about the gospel. He has had a really rough past, he has changed sooo much over the last month, its crazy! He was in gang, and did some bad stuff, and was involved in some bad stuff. But you can just see the change in him, its really awesome. During his baptism, at the end he stood up and bore his testimony, I felt the spirit very strongly, He is an awesome convert. I’ll send you some pictures for sure! So some interesting food I have eaten this week... I asked Elder Keables about this and it was a first for him as well. We had ceviche, which is like a traditional dish down here, but with eyeballs in it. I didn’t realize what they were until about the third one got on my spoon. they were crunchy and very very tough. I also had cow tongue, and stomach! So didnt like the food too much this week, but its all good! Me and my companion made plans, and if all goes according to plan we should have 10 baptisms in february! We got lots of faith I know it will happen. We are teaching a family of 9 people right now, not all of them are interested but its awesome! We also stumbled upon some less active people and they want their two kids to be baptized as well. The Lord is definitely blessing us with lots of baptisms. I am really excited! The spanish is coming pretty good, I am learning lots and lots every day, and every day becomes a little easier! Today for p-day me and my companion dont really have too many plans, I think we might play basketball with elder keables and his companion. Not quite sure yet. There is rumor that I might get transferred to the galapogos today, but I really doubt I will. That would be cool, but me and my companion have sooo many baptisms coming up that it would really stink at the same time. I wrote brian a letter this week also, I hope its the right address. So ya I got some good tips on how not to get robbed. My zone leader, Elder Reese told me to just grab their wrist if they come up for a handshake and I think that the person is sketchy. I actually got to apply this. A borracho got off a bus and saw me and made a beeline for me, I knew something was up so i grabbed his wrist when he tried to shake my hand, He looked so confused and went off about how the people of malvinas are different than the rest of guayaquil, haha. This next week we should have 2 more baptisms! I am wayyy excited, we are making lots of progress. Alright, well I dont really have much else to say, but I love you guys, and miss you. You guys are always in my prayers.
Love
Elder Storm

No comments: