Thursday, November 11, 2010

First Day at the Peru MTC

Thursday, November 4, 2010


Hello!

So I made it here to the Peru MTC! All is good, we made it safe. I can't believe I am actually on a different continent, sooo weird to think about. Peru is pretty sweet from what I have seen so far, I was suprised to find a KFC and Dominoes. My new companions name is Elder Torres. He tries to talk to me, but I just say "no entiendo"
or "no se" or something like that, because I have no idea what he is talking about. Its really hard but I will be able to pick it up faster this way.  Its pretty chill here, like waaaay more low key than provo, I like it already. Apparently we are going to be focusing on learning spanish only, and our first three weeks were for learning the gospel. There is some pretty cool elders that came here with us. One of them has a mom who is from Ecuador, he speaks spanish really well. Sorry about the call yesterday, I only got to talk to  mom, I tried to call dad but he didnt answer, and we were called for final boarding right then. Just gonna have to wait till christmas I guess! So they told us that if you want to send a letter you gotta send it three weeks before I will get it, so the last part of my time in the MTC just send it to ecuador, I should be getting that address pretty soon. They have a really legit soccer field here of course, and a couple basketball courts. We actually have nap time today. Its gonna be pretty sweet, I can't wait. 


So apparently its really rude to leave food on your plate, so you gotta eat everything, I didn't know that when we ate breakfast today, and I gotta a wide variety of stuff, and it was sooo hard to finish, I almost threw up a couple times, Elder Applegate was laughing at me. Its kinda weird, you dont have to be with your companion at all if you dont wanna be, but i like it, that way we dont get sick  of each other. My p-day will be on Wednesday usually. And maybe you  guys could send some stamps, cuz they dont sell any here, I dont think I can get them. We get to go to the temple every p-day and after we can go shopping. so that will be something new and exciting. we are two hours ahead of you down here just so you know. Oh and I heard that we get to go street proseliting like on saturdays and stuff, gosh that will be sooo cool, but so so so nerveracking. The plane ride from ATL to Peru was sooo long, it seemed like it took forever. I couldnt fall asleep either, so I just sat there and wrote some people and also read my scriptures, I couldnt wait to get off that plane. Thats soooo sweet that Spencer is a trainer in Guayaquil, I can't wait to see that kid, its gonna be a glorious
reunion!!


Oh ya and my companion is from Colombia, and he is going to be serving in Lima South. I wasnt sure if I was gonna like it here till we ate lunch, and it was really good. like wayyy better than Provo. I hope that all meals are like that, cuz if so I will be set! I will be sending some pictures soon okay? I will try to see if I can upload some on the computer to send to you guys, I took some pretty good "video logs" also so when my card is full I will send those also. Just let me know if you have any questions. Oh I slept like a baby last night, the beds here are sooooo much better than the ones in provo. all around I like this MTC a lot more, the mission president said that I will know all the missionaries by the time I leave here.
which will be awesome. I asked him about the Wagners and told that story about kyle also, he seemed to like it. He said that the teachers don't know a lot of english words so it looks like spanish from here on out, talk about overwhelming. But I know the Lord will provide, and I know I have the gift of tongues, so I am good! Haha so after I got off the phone yesterday like they started calling all our names, but my companion was the travel leader, so we couldnt get on the plane until everyone got on the plane. We finally found the Hermanas and had to run to the terminal and barely made it, that woulda been bad if we
woulda missed the flight, cuz I still wouldn't be here, which would really stink. Well I dont know what else to say, I will definitely have more to tell ya next week! love you guys

Love
    Elder Storm




P.S.We woke up and had to shave our heads today, its super short. and they missed parts. so chemo boy is back again!!!!!

No comments: