Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Im becoming more confident with the language

Wednesday, November 17, 2010


It has been a good week. I swear every week seems to go by faster and  faster. So crazy that I have been on a mission for five weeks already,  sometimes it feels way shorter, and other times it feels like I have  been here way longer, esta bien.  So the language is coming, I get more and more confident teaching every time I do it. I am loving everything about my mission other than the fact that I am not with my family and friends. So this week during actividad  fisica, we played the natives in futbol, and all of us norte amercanos  beat them! It was sooo sick, the celebration was as if we had just won  the world cup, I even scored a goal! Today I got to buy some junk food  which was really nice, they don't have any flashcards in tottus so that's  kinda a bummer, and I still don't have a watch but its all good because my companion has one! So last Saturday we got to go proselyting in a place called Chancay. This experience was a real eye opener. It was my first time actually out in the field, preaching the gospel. A lot of times I had no idea what they were talking about or any clue what they
were saying. My companion would be talking to them and just turn to me out of nowhere and expect me to add in on what he was talking about. So I would just bear my testimony and hope for the best. It worked out most of the time lol. Okay so for dearelders.com; it takes about a week  or so. So like if you sent them by this Friday it would get to me the
following Friday, just FYI. Um for Christmas, I would absolutely positively love some instrumental soundtracks, like titanic, or gladiator or something like that. mo-tab gets a little annoying sometimes. maybe I could just send my mp3 player home or something, idk, just let me know. Elder Torres is great, he is always joking around, always making me laugh and I am always making him laugh, he leaves next week sometime, I am gonna miss him, he will be a great missionary though. the Food is really not bad, I am loving it more and more everyday, sometimes they have this stir fry sorta stuff, that I absolutely love, I go back for seconds every time. While proselyting the biggest thing that hit me was how different it is here from the USA. Apparently we were in a really good area, but it really didn't seem
like it, some houses are just overrun by dogs, and some houses just have curtains for doors, it SO crazy. You can just tell it is really humble area. The people are so happy though! Everyone that we talked to  was pretty receptive to our message which is way different than the U.S.  am sure. We visited one less-actives home, and there entire house was
about the size of our kitchen, I was definitely shocked because you see poverty on TV sometimes, but even our poorest have more than there middle class. I don't think I will ever take the USA for granted ever again. So an Elder got hurt here playing soccer, and he tore his ACL and meniscus and stuff, he will probably have to go home for like atleast 8 months to recover. I am really glad i haven't got hurt (knock on wood) that would really stink to have to go back home now! So did my watch make it home safe and sound lol, just wondering. Oh gosh and like every sacrament meeting is nerve racking. We are all supposed to prepare talks to speak, and nobody knows who is gonna speak besides the president. Every week is a surprise. same with Sunday school, except with teaching. Lately I have been craving any kind of American food, like hot dogs, hamburgers anything. So today after the temple we went and bought a pizza! It was sooooooo so sos ossosososo good! I loved it!!!  Me and Elder Applegate have our "how are day went" talks every night, which is nice because me and him think exactly alike so its nice being able to talk to someone. I have been emailing Spencer, I cant believe I get to Ecuador in 4 weeks! I am soooo excited to be there and to get in the field! its gonna be soooo sweet. Love you all, praying for you all the time.


Love, 
Elder Storm

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

This is so fun! He sounds like he's doing great! I can't wait to hear about his experiences in Ecuador :-)