Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Proselyting was Great!

November 24, 2010


This week was really good!  I learned a really good skill, we named it franksing. Because a guy in our district is really good at it. so I can pretty much just spin a book on my finger. I wish I could send a video of it, cuz it is pretty sweet. But ya other than that it has been pretty normal. Spanish is coming great. Learning more and more every week. We all get new latin companions today, our companions left yesterday morning. I am kinda nervous, getting a new companion is pretty nerveracking. I am sure it will  be great though. Today we get to
go on our tour. Which is all of us avansados (advanced) students get to tour Lima and see the sites. Its gonna be pretty sweet, I am way excited!!! So I woke up at 6:30 today and rushed down to the laundry room, because the laundry room is always jam packed with people and their clothes. and I got the last two washers available. pretty sweet. Proselyting this week was awesome. We went to a place called Zarate, and when we got there it looked like the extreme ghetto, but me and my companion got assigned to proselite in the business district which was such a good experience, it was way busy and there was a lot of people.
So it gave us lots of opportunity to contact people because when we are knocking doors people are more inclined to not talk to us because they could just not answer their doors. But on the street people can't just not talk to you a lot of time so we got to share our message with a lot of people. We had a couple of really good contacts, like it was my first time talking to someone who was really receptive, it was such a cool experience. We probably talked to her for about 40 minutes and gave her the entire first lesson, and she wanted to know more, we gave her a book of mormon and set up an appointment with her when other missionaries could go visit her. I was feeling really good after Saturday, I cannot wait to go out there and do that everyday. Idk why but Dad came into my mind  a lot this last week. Is everything okay? I hope so! So I dont know if I already told you this but every monday they have this guy come during our actividad Fisica. We call him the chuck norris of south america. He seriously works us out sooo hard! I threw up last time like its insane! And when we were all proselyting on Saturday an Elder got chased down by a dog, and ended up breaking his ankle, so now he is rolling around in a wheelchair. he is loving the attention though! Oh and I heard that some missionary in the Lima oeste mission got stabbed or something, that is pretty crazy, I hope he is okay! Well what is new back in Chico, did Soudans pass final, Whats the progress on Loeros? I wanna know it all! thanks allie for the Dear elder, Give me your email, so I can email you back! For my christmas package i could really use some stamps! And maybe a giants championship shirt would be sweet! and like I said before just like soundtracks to movies that are instrumental, and maybe some disney stuff! haha but whatever you send I will be really grateful for I am sure! So did Emily pass her Exit exam? is braxton an Eagle Yet? Fill me in on all the news! Alright well I dont really know what else to say, but I love you guys, and I pray for ya everyday, miss you soo
much, cant wait to hear from you!

Love,
     Elder Storm

No comments: