Monday, April 11, 2011

As soon as I started praying...


February 28th, 2011

HEY FAM

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD! Crazy you guys have been together 23 years, should be satisfying since you guys have accomplished a lot, and of course have us as amazing children. So ya today we made plans to go to malecon (this big market place) to chill and spend our p-day but sadly we didnt get permission. But we are definitely going to get permission for next week so that is good! This week has been awesome! We had 4 baptisms, and 4 confirmations. It was a night of white here in malvinas this Saturday, dont worry, I will be sending pictures. But on my mission I have 9 baptisms total! Alright well ya I will give you some highlights on my week. Well early on this week we were in a different sector helping out some of the hermanas. Every Tuesday we go around and help other sectors because my companion is district leader. Anyway we were teaching one of their investigators
and he is really good, but would never accept a baptismal date. So me and my companion tag-teamed and gave him lots of doctrine, some 2nd Nephi 31 and all that stuff. But then he said that if he knew that the church was true he would be baptized. So we asked him if he would pray for an answer now. He said he would and we all got down on our knees and prayed. As soon as he started praying I felt the spirit tremendously. He asked, and ended his prayer. I looked up at him and
his head was down, as if he was just thinking. After about 5 seconds he looked up and said "now I know the church is true." Gosh it was soo powerful. My testimony grew sooo much in that moment. I had never witnessed anybody recieve their answer and this was very powerful for me. Gotta love the feeling of the spirit. Anyway Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday we had no power this week. We never recieved a bill or anything and they just cut off our power, very annoying. So talk about
the hottest nights of my life, without a fan blowing on my all night, I was sweating soo bad, needless to say I changed my sheets, But we have power now so its all good. So we were teaching one of our investigators last night, and all of the sudden we heard a huge booooom. I thought it was a bomb or something. We looked outside and a car had smashed into a house! craziness. Everyone was flooding the streets, wondering what happened. Then the police showed up. When the
driver heard the sirens, he tried to make a run for it. Everyone was screaming. Talk about chaos, I guess their is never a dull moment here in Ecuador. So one of the people that was baptized, Juan Ortiz, is the last person to be baptized in his family. His family is awesome. When I first got here in Malvinas they were a little disfunctional, went to church, but didnt really have a big testimony. This family has underwent a huuuge change. They are so loving now. Always helping each other out, and you can just feel the love in their home. In one year they are all going to be able to be sealed for time and eternity. This is incredible. I want to be able to see it, who knows possibly might be able to! Oh some interesting food that I have eaten this week was something called Guanta, you can look it up on google, its like a oversized rat. It actually was pretty good. Cow stomach, didnt know it was cow stomach at the time, but actually was pretty good. Also iguana for the first time. Not bad, but I dont really want to have it again lol. Gosh dads canoe looks sooo good, When is its maiden voyage. When are we going to take that thing to bowrun? Anyway keep sending pics Allie, I love them all! Alright well ya this is pretty much what is  new with me, I hope everything is good with you guys, love you
Love
Elder Tormenta

No comments: