Monday, April 11, 2011

I Have a New Companion...Elder Hicks


March 7th, 2011
NOOOOOOOO!!!!
I probably would have had permission to go have fun with spencer but he got changed to Cuenca! Shoot, I didnt get one picture with him, I hope he comes back to Guayaquil, but its possible that he could die in Cuenca (or end his mission). So ya I am pretty bummed about that but its all good. Elder Garcia got changed to somewhere else in Guayaquil, but I have a new companion, his name is Elder Hicks. Yep you guessed right he is a gringo, so I am pretty excited because he will be able to help me with my spanish a ton! But ya he is from Utah, and he has the same amount of time as spencer does on his mission. Ya the mainstream diet down here is a heck of a lot different. We eat a TON of RICE. I am still not used to it, but slowly and slowly I am starting to like it more and more. But ya Elder Hicks seems like a really cool guy, I haven't got to know him a ton, but I think we are going to get along well. Oh ya I think its pretty funny too, I don't realize how much taller I am than them until I look at the pictures on
my camera. The language is coming good, when I read I can understand pretty much anything, and mostly can understand what people are saying when they talk, I am far from fluent, but more and more I am being able to communicate pretty well. My health is really good, that is one thing I am grateful for, is I always seem to have good health (knock on wood). But ya we put a couple more baptismal dates this week, with a family who was investigating the church years ago, but stopped going to church. We found them again and they know the church is true, well the mom and the daughter. We are working with them a lot, because the mom needs to be married, but her husband doesnt want to get married, So please pray for them, Their name is the Fandiño family. But other than that nothing much more too exciting. Right now is Carnaval here in South America, which is pretty much a big water fight, well mostly. People also use paint, mud, and otherthings. Good for missionaries huh? Luckily I havent gotten paint or mud, only water. But ya this carnaval lasts until tomorrow and then it is done. But like everywhere
is closed right now because of it, its like a vacation,  lol. Well that is pretty much it for me right now. hasta proxima semana 
love
Elder Storm

No comments: