Monday, April 11, 2011

If They Just Come and Hear The Prophet...





March 28th, 2011
Hey Family
Todo esta bien here in Malvinas, Me and my companion are working hard and we had 4 baptisms this last week. Remember Kevin? well both of his brothers got baptized this last Saturday, along with some grandkids of a member in our ward. Juan and Harrison are the brothers of Kevin, and they were beyond ready to be baptized. Juan had been attending church for over a year and a half. Harrison has been listening to our lessons ever since I have been here and he knew everything. We were having problems with Juan accepting our invitation, he knew the church was true, he knew everything. But with persistence we finally got him to accept the baptism on Thursday night! So that was definitely a blessing from Heavenly Father. So we were super excited to have all four of them get baptized this last Saturday. But everything else has been super good, we are really excited to bring lots of people to general conference this Saturday and Sunday. I know if they just come to hear the prophet’s voice they will want to be baptized, but its always interesting trying to get them all the way to the stake center. Just got to pray for them. Oh and I forgot to tell you, but I got a package from the other storms this last week, it was from Christmas, so if you could tell them that I got it, and tell them thanks for me I would appreciate it. But ya me and my companion are getting along really well, He has a girl waiting for him, so he is probably going to get married, but ya he is going to be leaving with Spencer. I hope I get to stay in my sector for another change that would be awesome. Its like I want to change sectors, but only if its somewhere cool lol. But overall I am very content here in Malvinas, I know this place like the back of my hand, and the members are really good to us. Just randomly yesterday one of the members flagged us down, and gave us some jerseys, Super nice! But ya right now I am living of a steady diet of rice and oatmeal. Gets kinda old sometimes, but it keeps me alive lol. We are thinking about moving houses because our owner of our house is like robbing us. We are like never in our house and we don't use like hardly any power, and we are paying like 24 bucks a month (which is a ton here) so the average missionary is paying like 6 bucks, So pretty much we thing we are paying for him also. So ya we talked to him, and he said that we will only have to pay 12 from now on, and he would pay the rest, which is still a lot, but he is going to put in air conditioning! So we are excited for that, but don’t know if we should stay. But ya with these last four baptisms I have 13 baptisms so far in my mission. So crazy that tanner is coming home in three days, wow it doesn’t seem like he has been gone for very long at all. I am sure the Hickman's are super excited to have him back, tell him I say hi. All right well overall everything is good, I hope all is well with you guys, sounds like everything is bueno. Love you guys a lot
Love
Elder Storm

No comments: