Monday, April 11, 2011

Seriously all we need to do is cling to the gospel





February 8th, 2011
Hey FAM My week went pretty good. We found lots of new investigators, and they are really awesome. Two of them are friends. Davy and Peter are both 19 years old. Its kinda a goldmine actually, because davy wasn’t there one time and we started teaching his mother as well. And peter wasn’t there one time and we started teaching his Brother! So ya I am pretty excited about that. We have an appt with them at six o'clock today and we are going to give them a baptismal date, so I will keep you updated on that next week! Also we found a lady who is evangelist. (evangelists down here are crazy, I am talking about full on rock concerts during their church) and we taught her a lesson, started with a prayer and she insisted that she should pray. So we let her pray and it started out normal, and then out of nowhere she just started screaming bloody murder! I am surprised that I didnt pea my pants, it was the scariest thing of my life. Then she ended her prayer and we taught her a lesson, she acted completely normal, and she told us that that she felt the spirit sooo strongly during her prayer that the spirit told her to scream. talk about freaking weird huh? So I am pretty excited today because I am going to eat lunch with elders, Applegate, Carnese, and Church. They were all my friends in the CCM so that should be pretty sweet. Also Elder Keables mentioned something about going to play basketball but I dont know if that will happen or not, hpefully it does. Also this last Wednesday we had a little division with the Zone leaders and I went over into their Sector. Their Sector is sooo flooded that we had to take off our shoes, roll up our pants, and wade through the water. Needless to say I definitely scrubbed my feet and legs a lot that night, I dont know what we were stepping on but it didnt feel sanitary lol. Oh and tell the dogs thank you for their cards! But if things go right we should be having a lot of baptisms this month so that is awesome, baptisms are always good! That is sooo tight that Aaron Rodgers pulled out the win! Man I am missing a lot of sports while im out here aren't I? The Giants, the packers, whats next? Oh I would soo kill for a sunday, maybe I will try to find one today! When is Braxton's eagle court of honor? Wow that is soo crazy that kyle is already leaving. Seems seriously like it was just yesterday I heard about him getting his call. Time really does fly out here on the mission. I am casi 4 months out, kinda a mid life crisis feeling lol. Speaking of which. Dad you need to stop working on latters! holy moly talk about learning the hard way. That is awesome that it has been sunny there, its so weird but when I think of the states its like a euphoric nostalgic feeling. I love it here, the members are so great and are so willing to help us with missionary work. It truly is like one big family. It rains like everyday now. it isnt really clean rain, but it does keep us cool, so I am not taking that for granted. I did get my packages! The calender is sooooo sweet thanks a ton! To be honest I kinda had forgotten that I actually went skydiving, that was awesome to see those pictures and all the other ones. And thank you for the beef jerky, pez, JOLLY RANCHERS and the other stuff. I am definitely enjoying all of it! gosh I am really anxious to see what this canoe looks like. I am sure it is just awesome though. As of right now we only have 2 baptismal dates. we are hoping to get lots more this week because we have lots of awesome investigators. On a end note; seriously all we need to do is cling to the gospel. God does give us trials, Just read D&C 121:7-8 or D&C 122:7-8 and I promise it will make you feel better about the trials that you are going through, because it has definitely helped me a ton.
Love,
Elder Tormenta

No comments: