Monday, April 11, 2011

I FOUND PEANUT BUTTER!


February 20th, 2011

HEY Family and Friends!
That is so crazy that Chris Ackerman is already back from his mission.
I forgot that he served in England, that is super cool! Wow I was
talking to Spencer this week, and we both can't believe taylor is
already giving his fairwell talk! Gosh time really flies out here. Can
you believe that I am nearing my 6 month mark? when I realized its
about a month and a half away I was blown away. That is insane. Oh
gosh I kinda had a midlife crisis feeling this week. Spencer got his
Trunkee paper! A trunkee paper is the paper with your date of
departure and flight number and all that stuff for going home. Gosh we
really need to start doing more stuff! I dont think he will get
transferred this change but I dont know for sure. Next week we are for
sure going to do something. The thing is I havent done a lot of
sight-seeing because we need permission to do that kind of stuff, and
we rarely get permission. I am hoping for permission next week, I am
going to talk to spencer about going to Malecon next week with him.
Next p-day is our last before this transfer. I cant believe it but
Spencer is leaving on his birthday! Isnt that crazy? He said he doesnt
even want to think about leaving, he is a really really good
missionary, not that I would expect anything less. Gosh it is so
awesome to hear about Taylor. He is going to be an absolute stud as a
missionary. Make sure that you send me his adress for the mtc. I got a
letter from him this week! Ya I write in my journal fairly often so
these experiences make it in their more or less. Haha so last night we
were going to teach one of our investigators with a baptism for the
26th, Kevin Molina. And recently his Grandma had died. So of course
his mother is a little sad right now, But this last monday we got
permission from his parents to baptize him! freaking sweet, because
had his grandmother not died, I dont think that his mother would have
given permission. The lord works in mysterious ways! But last night we
show up at his house and the "evangelists" were there. Their family is
catholic so idk exactly why they were their, but kevin told us later
that they thought that there was bad spirits in the house, so they
were "stomping" them out. I was holding back laughter as they were
literally stomping around the house, making the bad spirits leave, all
while screaming "IN THE NAME OF JESUS" gosh I wonder sometimes how
people think that this is a good thing to do. When the third
commandment very specifically says "dont take the lords name in vain."
I felt that I was witnessing some kind of cultic ceremony. But after
they left we brought the spirit back in the house by teaching about
sincere prayer. Oh and I didnt know that you sent two packages, but ya
I finally got the second one this week, so all is well. got LOTS of
pez so that should last a while, I want to have a fat collection of
pez before I go home. One of our investigators needs to get married to
be baptized this 26th of February. All of his family are members
except him because money is slim and he hasnt had the 6 dollars that
it takes to get married. But the Lord has blessed him with work so now
he has the money. Friday was going to be the day. We got the whole
family ready and we had to go into central Guayaquil for them to get
married. Well if you didnt know, Latin America is almost never on
time. So we had to be to central at around 330 but ended up showing up
around 4:30 so they didnt get to get married that day. But we have
another appointment for tomorrow around 3 so we are going to show up
at their house around 1 o'clock to make sure that they get there on
time! But ya i will make sure to take pictures to send you guys next
week because we are going to have a marriage and 4 baptisms this week!
So one of our baptisms that fell through last month, Amado mosqueda,
is doing well. We stop by about once a week to see how he is doing, he
still doesnt think that the time is right for him to get baptized. We
found out why this week. His son in law. He is this guy who is
probably the most macho guy I have ever seen. I have seen him before,
but he never ever ever wears a shirt. Always walking around showing
off his beer belly. He is evangelist and doesnt think that amado needs
to be baptized again because the evanglist church "is the correct
church" So long story short he fed amado a bunch of anti-mormon
literature and that is why he isnt going to be baptized. The funny
thing is is amado still attends our church every sunday. Doesnt really
make sense to me but I guess that is still progressing. OH MYGOSH I
FOUND PEANUT BUTTER! It was expensive but I bought it! 5 bucks for one
jar, but I had forgotten how awesome peanut butter and jelly
sandwhiches are. I have been eating a pb&j every chance I get! it is
so good. But ya i am going to have 4 baptisms this month, not 2. Cally
ramirez is 9 years old, Juan Ortiz (marriage), Kevin Molina is 14, and
Dany Silva is 19. Dany was supposed to be baptized last month but it
ended up falling through. But ya we are hoping for more in march. We
should be reactivating and baptizing a family or atleast part of them
in march. And the brothers of Kevin molina are really interested in
the gospel. So this last sunday some of the presidency of the Stake
were in our ward to introduce a new program for the youth. He said
something in english and nobody understood. Then he said "Elder
Tormenta, please translate" haha everyone started laughing and now
everyone calls me Elder Tormenta lol. alright well that is prettty
much all that is new I love you guys and I pray for you always.

 Love
Elder Tormenta

No comments: