Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Elder Walter Gonzalez came...it was super good...


May 30th, 2011

Hey Everyone

So this week was pretty good, my companion is officially gone. It is sad to seem him go, but I am super excited for him also. As of right now I still don't have a companion, so I am in a trio right now with the zone leaders. I don't know when I will be getting a new companion, but I am thinking tomorrow. I am super anxious to figure out who it will be. But this week we had a baptism! Joel is 12 years old and his mom had gotten baptized last month so then after that her son started preparing also. He is super excited about the church, and I don't think I have ever seen this kid anything but happy, he is a big ball of joy. So that is pretty much the big news of this week, Overall was a really good week. Elder Walter F. Gonzalez came here to Guayaquil to talk to us, well us and also Guayaquil North mission. It was super good, we learned a lot of new doctrine. Man I swear Elder Gonzalez has like the scriptures memorized. He was just pulling scriptures out of nowhere, Just knows tons of scriptures by heart, and where to find tons of others. It was a super good experience though. We even got to have a little time to ask him some questions, about anything we wanted to know. So we got some good doctrinal questions in there as well. Overall I was very pleased with what we got to hear. Walter F. Gonzalez was the guy who spoke in conference about a missionary from this mission, don't know if you remember or not. But he actually used to be the mission president down here, like 25 years ago. But I did get to see Spencer, didn't snap any pictures because they asked us not to bring our cameras. But it was good as always to see him. There is still a possibility that he could get changed here, we both have the same dream, hopefully president will receive revelation to put us together. Gosh that would just be super sweet, I can't even imagine. Oh and I finally got my packages, I think there were 3 or 4 but I am not sure. Thanks for everything, it is awesome, the shirts and the food of course are amazing. Thanks Allie a ton for the new journal, it was so funny because the night before I received the packages I finished up my journal, so it came at a perfect time. But everyone in my house says thanks for the food. Oh and my zone leader received a package from his family with Dr. pepper! So I got to have a little bit of Dr. pepper this last week, which was absolutely amazing. It is so funny how I took the little things for granted back in the states. Definitely will not be doing that when I get back. But pretty much that is all that is new with me, I am loving it out here and I am missing you guys a ton!
Love
Elder Storm

No comments: