Wednesday, June 1, 2011

True Conversion, never gets old...


May 23rd, 2011

Hey family

Wow that is super crazy about Devin and Dad. I am really glad that neither of them died, gosh that would have been absolutely devastating can’t even imagine. But the Lord was definitely on their side in that instance. They definitely were blessed. I don’t even know how I would have reacted had they actually died, I don’t know if I could have continued being here in Ecuador, because it is already hard enough being away from my family. Life is super fragile isn’t it? At any moment something could just happen where we die. But luckily we have the plan of salvation, that is our hope in this life more than anything. Just imagine how much harder death would be if we didn’t have the plan of salvation? Gosh this gospel gives us soo many blessings every day. Dad and Devin, don’t go paddling in a storm alright! But actually nobody remembered my birthday until about 3 days after, but it helped a lot because I actually forgot it until lunch time. But overall it was good, still haven’t received any packages, so I don’t really know what is up with that. Apparently the mail here has been coming more and more corrupt, or at least that is what I hear, don’t really know for sure. Wow I cant believe dad has lost thirty pounds. that is sooo awesome, Gosh I just have to try to not think about what happened with them, makes me really sad. But anyway, my week was hard, but good at the same time. We had two baptisms Saturday night, Brenda and Adriana. It was amazing and they were both sooo happy, amazing to see true conversion, never gets old. But one of our investigators didn’t get baptized. Joel had to go to a wedding with his family, so he couldn’t get baptized, but he is for sure going to be baptized this week so we are stoked. My companion will be ending his mission next Monday, super crazy, he is a little trunkee, but we are still working so that is good. But overall my sector is sweet, I don’t really know it that well at all, so I am a little worried that I wont know it before my companion leaves. But little by little I am getting it down. But ya I don’t know what happened with the packages, kinda weird that they still haven’t gotten here. Alright well I don’t have a whole lot of time, still have to write President, but I love you all and I miss and pray for you guys every night.
Love
Elder Storm

No comments: